Below are my upcoming events and speaking engagements. Please, come by to see a presentation first-hand or meet me in person.
October 7, 2020
"Thriving – Not Just Surviving – The Dementia Journey"
11:00 am EST
· Explore dementia caregiver statistics and trends
· Recognize physical, emotional, social and financial impact of caregiving
· Discuss the additional stressors of caring for someone with dementia during Covid-19
· Identify ways to employ assistance and support
Sponsored by Arden Courts Delray/WPB
October 14, 2020
"Building The Team - Who, When, What Positions?"
6:00 pm EST
The Alzheimer’s Association estimates that over 15 million Americans provide unpaid care for someone living with dementia. In this presentation, Rebekah and Dr. Amanda Mullen will explore common caregiving challenges, identify community resources, and discuss when to consider adding additional support. Additionally, they will describe what to look for when choosing community resources.
October 22, 2020
"Developing Dementia Sensitivity"
1:00 pm EST
· Discuss physical and emotional unmet needs as they contribute to behavioral expressions
· Review how dementia impacts one’s ability to process data
· Differentiate delirium and dementia
· Practice positive engagement techniques
Sponsored by Arden Courts Sarasota/Winter Springs
October 29, 2020
"Responding to Repetition Again and Again"
2:00 pm EST
· Identify symptoms exhibited when changes in the hippocampal region of the brain occur
· Discuss the efficacy of traditional caregiver responses to repetitive questions/statements
· Practice new approach strategies to cope with repetition
Sponsored by Arden Courts Largo/Palm Harbor/Seminole/Tampa
November 21, 2020
"Responding to Repetition... Again and Again"
1:00 pm EST
In this session, Rebekah and Dr. Amanda Mullen will discuss reasons behind some of the common symptoms exhibited in dementia with an emphasis on repetitive questions and statements. Participants will identify how they and other caregivers traditionally respond in these scenarios. Alternative approach strategies will be explored and participants will practice new ways to respond when repetition occurs.
December 8, 2020
"Meaningful Moments during the Holiday Season"
6:00 pm EST
The holidays can be a stressful time for us all, especially when a loved one lives with dementia. In this presentation, Rebekah and Dr. Amanda Mullen will discuss the unique considerations for sharing holiday times with loved ones living with dementia including ways to avoid common challenges. Additionally, they will address adjusting expectations and managing grief when loved ones are changing.